Welcome to The Maine Sales Company!
A few facts about us:
- We are a small craft company making products you will not find in stores.
- We only use natural fillings
- We are located in Paris, Maine (see more below!).
- Our company has been operating since 2000.
- We provide employment for the people that do our sewing as well as production and shipping.
- Our goal is to provide a quality product that makes customers happy.
How we got started
We lived in a 200 year old federal style home on a cold windy ridge, near Paris Hill. The home was full of drafty doors and windows. We set out to create door draft stoppers that were effective at sealing out the cold wind. We tested all kinds of fill materials to find the best weight and malleability, and we finally discovered that crushed cleaned buckwheat hulls provided exactly what we needed. We now make thousands of them every year and ship them worldwide.
About Paris, Maine
Paris is a small town in wooded, western Maine, nestled in the foothills of the northern reach of the Appalachian Mountain range. Paris is also historically significant because it was the home of Hanabel Hamlin, Vice President of the United States during Abraham Lincoln's Presidency. His home is still located on Paris Hill. Maine Sales is on a ridge a few miles from Paris Hill.